QSDCA Management Committee declined to support this (May 2018).
ABM Update 10-Jun-2018
WHAT'S THE IDEA?
- Makeup time for time lost on day 1.
- This is an idea in line with modern Test cricket.
- Extra playing time is allowed in cases where overs are lost to interruptions such as rain, bad light, injury delay or other reasons.
- Options are extremely limited.
- Extra time on Day 2 is only available before or after regular playing time.
- Before will be restricted by junior cricket (as for a 12.30pm start).
- After will be limited by light especially in September or March.
- Also it will be hard to ensure this is applied equally and fairly for all matches.
- If extra playing time is allowed for one game and then not for another game this may lead to disputes.
- Reg 9.17 already says if whole of day 1 is lost then match becomes a limited over One Day match. There's even a provision under certain circumstances to doa new coin toss.
Realistically, this will only be important when a result is desired i.e. last few rounds before finals... Extra time when the game is petering out to a dull draw would cause a few groans I think!!